Once April 1st comes around, it’s time to take out of storage those rain boots, umbrellas, ponchos and of course – vases for your spring flowers. The age-old saying “April Showers Bring May Flowers” still holds true today. As we've mentioned before at B Ann's Boutique we love Spring and everything it represents -- new life, new beginnings and of course a new Spring wardrobe.
In this month's blog we will share our top five favorite things to do in the Spring.
1. Plant Something Green If you're like me you may not have much of a green thumb, but even the best of us can succeed with planting a few simple veggies such as tomatoes and peppers. What's better than fresh veggies in your salad... yummy. However, don't forget some pretty flowers or plants... may we suggest Hostas. Not only are these a beautiful plant, but they rapidly multiply so they will soon fill your designated lawn space. They are shade tolerant therefore; they are also quite simple to grown and maintain.
2. Have a Picnic In The Park Whether with your significant other, your bestie or your kiddos get out and enjoy this weather. So pack your favorite sandwiches and fruits, grab some bottled waters and a blanket and take in the local park. Of course we never stop being fashionistas do we? So be sure you are looking fabulous while enjoying your day in the park; check out our suggestions for looking fabulous at your picnic.
3. Go For A Hike John Muir was onto something when he said, “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.” Hikers battle bug bites, blisters and bruises for the sake of overcoming a challenge and enjoying some quality time with nature. But along with the snow-capped mountain tops and ocean views come an abundance of mental and physical perks. We will be discussing hiking more in-depth in next month's blog, but in the meantime take our word for it. The benefits gained from hiking far outweigh a few bug bites and scratches.
4. Visit Your Local Zoo At B Ann's Boutique we are HUGE animal lovers! So what better way to spend your Saturday afternoon that visiting your local zoo. Here's a tip to ensure you are supporting a facility that truly cares for their animals in which they have been entrusted. Look for the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) logo whenever you visit a zoo or aquarium as your assurance that you are supporting a facility dedicated to providing excellent care for animals, a great experience for you, and a better future for all living things.
5. Take A Walk With Your Fur Baby(ies). Whether you are a dog lover or a crazy cat lady like us... our four legged babies like to get out and explore the outdoors too. So grab your fur baby(ies) and grab the leash(es) or for those who are fur baby mommas to cats may we suggest our cat carrier. It is absolutely purr...fect. This fabulous backpack keeps them safe and comfy while letting them enjoy the beautiful outdoors.
While the rainy days may make some gloomy; we encourage you to remember we must weather the storm to see the beautiful rainbow at the end. So put on those rain boots, grab that umbrella and dance in the rain!!! We hope this special deal will also keep you dancing in the rain. Use discount code: APRILSHOWERS20 at checkout to save 20% off your purchase of $50 or more this entire month!!!
Until Next Time!
B Ann's Boutique